Thursday, December 13, 2007

My Six Things


Ok.  I am going to be a sport Jenny.  6 little-known things about myself.  I am having a hard time because I think some people are going to be like" oh, I knew all those things about you"  am I an open book?  Let's see...

1)  I cannot make decisions  I am constantly second guessing myself and the decisions I make.  Say I am in a store trying to decide on shampoo.  It may literally take my 8-10 minutes to deliberate, read the backs, think about my hair texture and make a choice.  It is excruciating for Matt to deal with, and I'm sure my children also.  Then, just when I think I have made a choice and am o.k. with it, I move along with my shopping trip.  Only to be back at the shampoo isle 15 minutes later to change my mind once again.  Meanwhile Mason sits in the cart saying "Mama, I wanted to see the TOYS"

2)  I am very lazy in some ways  I hate hanging up my clothes.  This is a constant battle in my bedroom.  I come home, I change an outfit and I lay those clothes on my bed for me to put away "later".  Then when I do go to bed, of course I am too exhausted to hang up said clothes and they move to the chair.  About once a week I do a big "hanging-up" party in my room.  
 
3)  I won't go to the circus, or haven't in 11 years  I've always had a soft spot for elephants; after all they are one of the only other mammals that cries.   Not to get all PETA on you, but about 10 years ago I saw this show on Animal Planet (where else?) about how they train and get the elephants to do all these amazing tricks.  Let's just say it's not nice.  It BROKE MY HEART.  I was sobbing as I watched.  I swore I would not go to another circus.  But, if one of my kids asks me one day... I may have to go.  

4)  I taught myself to sew  I never took Home Ec. (is that even how you spell it?) in high school.  I missed out on sewing the fuzzy pillow and other things I saw my friends bring home.  When I was about 28 I got a sewing machine as a gift, and have taught myself how to sew.  I have made some quite stunning items, and I think I am quite talented at it.  Who would have thunk it?

5)  I don't like orange juice  This is just silly.  Yep, I don't care for it.  Yeah, yeah it's all healthy for you.  It's made from fresh florida Oranges.  It's not for me.  I did find this one kind that I can stomach every once in awhile...it's like 1/2 orange juice or something.  Matt buys it.  

Well, there you go.  And TAG- Cassie let's hear 'em.  Six things.  Go.







3 comments:

Lisa said...

I want to see pictures of your sewing masterpieces!!

Eliza said...

wait a second, where is number 6?
and that decision making thing, must be a libra thing, i totally do the deliberate at the aisle and then return to the aisle before leaving the store, and even often regret my decision once at home.

Eliza said...

Steph, I also want to say that I never did home ec in high school, avoided it, and now am wanting a
sewing machine, classes and my own
room in the attic.
it sounds fun. did you do that beautiful pink blanket sophia was on last summer with your sewing machine?