Friday, December 12, 2008

Gingerbread House by Mason

Mason and I made our first of these little gingerbread houses last year, he loved it and has been begging me since he saw them in the store to make his for this year.  Last night he came down with pink-eye and after a visit to the doctor, I decided it was time to do something fun to get his mind off the pink-eye.  We had a great time making our little Molloy gingerbread house.  
Here's the start.
Mason concentrating on getting the roof on.
Mason took this picture of me, a little out of focus but I'm in the frame!

The finished product!  He was soooo proud.  We had to find a spot high enough so Cosmo or Sophia won't eat all the candy off.  





7 comments:

Leonard and Susan T. said...

How cute, what a good house Mason built, maybe he will be a civil engineer...get better Mason from the pink eye! Wonder why they call it pink eye? Gramma ladybug

Rhonda said...

WOW - THAT'S GREAT! The door is in the right place, the people have eyes, even the roof has the pretty little scallops! how do you do it...when the girls and I make ours it is just a hodge-podge of frosting and candy over a house-like shape....

Len and Sue said...

During this slump in the economy, it's nice to see construction of a new home at any level! Way to go Mason.

txmomof2 said...

will ya'll eat it afterwards? Mason did a great job!

jen&boys said...

What a cute little house! I am super impressed! Sorry about the pink eye... yuck!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome gingerbread house!!! Mason's got some serious skills...it looks great!! Maybe he should come decorate our real house next year - haha! Hope everyone is feeling better. : )

Christen said...

Looks fun!