Sunday, February 8, 2009

A tribute: Tiggy

We wanted to make a little tribute to a very special member of our family for 10 years.  Tigger came into our lives when Matt was in his first year of Law school, and we had just moved into our first home together.  We got her at the Humane Society, we picked her because she was so sweet when we brought her into the screening room with us.  She laid right down for a belly rub, and she liked to jump up in her cage (hence the name Tigger).  We treated her very much like a first child.   She loved camping, hiking, catching frisbees and balls like a crazy dog and always loved people.   

Over the years she dealt with a lot of change- two human babies being brought home and a late in life doggy sibling in Cosmo.  She was always sweet, even as about six months ago she was diagnosed with an inoperable tumor in her colon.   
She always had a special bond with my mom Susan who would tirelessly throw balls for her, and Matt's dad Charles who would do the same.  She loved and remembered you guys long after your visits would end.  

We will always love you Tiggy, may you rest in peace and be surrounded by frisbees and tummy scratches.  xoxox Matt, Steph, Mason and Sophia 

11 comments:

Leonard and Susan T. said...

I loved you so much Tiggy and you were a blessing in all our lives....it was so awesome to have you with me last summer when I took care of Mase and Fia....you were my protector in so many ways!!! I loved how you always took 1 of my shoes someplace very interesting.... have fun in doggie heaven!! Love you.....

Rhonda said...

that is such a sweet tribute. my girls and i made cards for you guys - i'll drop them by tomorrow after work (i'll just leave them at your door). i told alexandra what happened, i started by saying "well, mason & sophia's dog just started getting old" and she stopped me (literally gave me the hand) and said "yes i know mom, she decided to go running in the mountians with the other dogs". so, that is where we think she is, off running in the mountains.

Len and Sue said...

We will all miss Trigger. I'm sure this was a most difficult process for you guys and I hope your memories will get you through. Little Cosmo has some big paws to fill!

Aimee Molloy said...

sound stupid - but I am crying - I think she was a wonderful dog and we all will miss her. I am sure she is remembering her days with the Molloy family fondly. Love you guys...hope you are OK now.

jen&boys said...

So sorry to hear this news. Awe, Tiggy! I'll miss you too! My thoughts are with you guys.

ChuckandNati said...

Let there be no doubt,, Tiggy left a vacuum in all of us. All of us could take a page from her book: patient,calm,compassionate and loving. Matt and Steph,you could not have provided a better home for her. You were and are a wonderful example of how you take an aninal into your home and not just treat her like "a pet" but rather a part of the family.Thank you for letting me share in a small part in her life

lani said...

I'm all teary-eyed, and I didn't even know Tiggy. I'm a firm believer that there are dogs in heaven--afterall, he was a member of your family. Until you meet again.

txmomof2 said...

Oh Steph, I'm so sorry for your loss. Dogs touch us in such a unique way. You'll see her again over the Rainbow Bridge.
Love, Alison & boys

Anonymous said...

Even in the short time Mark and I knew Tiggy, she made a big impression on us. She was a fun-loving, free-spirited, sweetheart of a doggie. And we know she is up there chasing balls in doggie heaven, looking down on her family. This is so strange, but a day or two after I saw your post on facebook, Maggie dumped a box of our photos on the floor and came running to me with one saying "look mommy, doggie"...it was a picture of you and Tiggy and Scott from when Mark and Scott were visiing!!! There are probably at least 100 random photos in that box, and she found that one?!?! : ) Made me smile... : )

Leonard and Susan T. said...

See Tigger how much you meant to so many? You were an amazing dog, Charles said it best, you were an example to us of how to be patient,calm,compassionate and loving.

Christen said...

You made me cry. Bye, Tiggy! You were such a wonderful dog and there's a special place in heaven for sweeties like you! My thoughts are with your people during this hard time for them.