Thursday, July 23, 2009

Confessions of a bad blogger

I confess.  I have been a very, very bad blogger lately.  There is no excuse, except maybe that there was so much to blog about that it became overwhelming.  I am back though, and will be a better blogger than ever!!  Here is a recap of our summer.  More to come.

Mason had his last day of preschool.  Kindergarten here he comes!!!  He loved his teachers, this was taken on the last day with Mrs. Dansie, and Mrs. Carlson.  We sure appreciated all their hard work, Mason loves school and is excited everyday.  
I'm going back to work.  After lots of thinking, and even more interviewing I will be going back to my profession of teaching after 4 years of part-time teaching and one year off completely.  The school is right near our house, and I am excited although a bit nervous.  


Matt has perfected the art of Mojitos.  With fresh mint from the yard.  Yummmm..
Lots of time hanging with the family outside.  Many s'mores have been made, lots of jumping on the trampoline with the sprinkler on underneath.  Summertime relaxed fun.
The kids both took swim lessons again this summer.  Mason loved his class, and is getting pretty good with his swimming skills.  Goggles have helped this greatly :)  
Sophia and I took the "parent/tot" class again.  She has no fear and loves the water!

Matt and I took a relaxing and wonderful trip to Las Vegas right before the 4th.  Many, many, many thanks to my mother-in-law Nati for staying with the kids.  We had a great time!

11 comments:

txmomof2 said...

good to see you back! looks like you are having a great summer. Enjoy the rest of it before you return to teaching and congrats on your job!

Rhonda said...

great summer recap! i didn't realize the mojito had been perfected....hmmmm, i guess we need to have you over this time!

Laurel said...

Yay!!! So glad you guys are back!! Looks like you're having a great summer. Tell Matt, we'll be over for some mojitos next Saturday...hehe, I wish!!!! The kids are getting so big and even cuter! Maggie took a swim class too, but all she wanted to do was get dunked and jump off the side - lol. Sophie looks like she's a natural, Mase too! Congrats on the new job Steph! You are a fabulous teacher I'm sure, and those kids will be lucky to have you! I hope it's an easy transition for all of you!

The title of your post is funny! I have been thinking about the exact same thing. I haven't even posted Joe's bday video/pics!! : ( Maybe today....sigh. But, we leave for vacation tomorrow and when I get back one of my goals is to start blogging more often. The kids are so funny right now, I could write a book I think. I'm sure you feel the same way. Anyway, lv and miss you guys...sorry for the book! : )

mandee said...

Finally! An update! There are always so many things to blog about!
It looks like you are having a fab summer but I wouldn't expect anything else from you!

Andrea said...

Hummm...idea for next blog post...Mojito Recipe and technique...

jen&boys said...

I was wondering how you guys had been doing! COngrats to Msaon on the graduation to Kindergarten and to you on the new job!! What grade will you be teaching? Looks like a fun summer!

lani said...

So glad you are back! I must admit I do the same thing with blogging-it's easy to get burned out on blogging when you are just busy living life. I LOVE the black and white of you and Mason--such a photogenic gal (and family)! And awesome you and Matt got away for a trip. And good luck with going back to teaching--you will be fabulous!

Christen said...

I'm coming over for mojitos!

Aimee Molloy said...

Finally!!! - love to check your blog to see my cute family that we miss- wish we could hang. Chris & I had a fun night out for our anniversary...check out my blog for our pics. Thanks for chatting the other day.

Leonard and Susan T. said...

what fun summer memories for all of you.....

Lisa said...

glad to see you're back!! looks like ya'll have had a lot of fun this summer!!