Monday, August 4, 2008

We like lakes...what's not to like?

Feeling the urge to beat the heat, we have been heading up our local canyons to check out what mother nature has to offer.  We have had a great time and loved our "adventures" as Mason calls them.  

Here's little Miss Sophia posing on a rock she climbed up... I know- what was I thinking putting her in WHITE?
Mason loves to hike, he goes, goes, goes!
This was about 4 feet from us, right off the trail at Silver Lake, just munching peacefully.  SO amazing!

Here's another photo of Mr. Moose.

Our weekend trip to the Uintah's, to Mirror Lake.   Just beautiful.
Such pretty wildflowers everywhere..


Our little mountain goat, Mason.

Can I really get in the water??  They couldn't believe we were letting them get in the lake.  Just wading really.  
So fun!  For the next adventure- Camping!

5 comments:

Leonard and Susan T. said...

What a fun time it looks like!

Aimee Molloy said...

how much fun - wishing we could have met you guys...

Anonymous said...

Looks like soooo much fun! Mark and I are really missing the outdoors and can't wait for our kiddos to get big enough to hike and camp. You guys are so lucky to have such cool places nearby and kiddos that enjoy it. I can't believe you saw a moose...so cute!

Rhonda said...

love the last photos of the two kiddies in the water - they are so sweet together!

Christen said...

I think we saw that same moose last year! It's crazy how he just sits on the side of the trail! The hiking looks very fun! And remember - white is easy to bleach!