Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The first snow day of the year!

We had about 5 inches of snow fall over the course of the night, and most of the day.  The kids were so excited!  Mason and I headed out while Sophia was napping to make a little snow wall and a snowman.  Our 5D camera is broken, and luckily under warrantee so it's getting fixed...but I apologize for the not so hot picture quality.  

Mason standing behind his snow wall, the hole is so he can see the villans!
Mason by his snowman, that he named Sonny, and insisted that he have pennies for eyes.  So cute!
Then the kids listened to some books on tape... greatest invention EVER!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snow...I'm so jealous!!!! Maybe we'll get A snowfall this year...watch, now that I've said that, we'll probably get tons! Anyway, great snowman Mason! And, I've never gotten books on tape for Maggie - that's a great idea...they both look fully engrossed!

Rhonda said...

i love the window for the villans! where do they come up with this stuff?

txmomof2 said...

The 'window for the villians' sounds just like Carter--these BOYS! :) Great snowman and snow wall. And I too will have to look into books on tape--great idea!

Leonard and Susan T. said...

Wow you did get a lot of snow! Fun at first huh?

Christen said...

Okay - you are a GREAT mom! Poor Gibson will never have the experience of playing in the snow with his mom - that's dad's job. Nice snow fort!

Aimee Molloy said...

books on tape - looks like fun!! We are excited to see snow again soon.

lani said...

That's a lot of snow!!! Way to take advantage of it--the fort is a true work of art!

Lisa said...

I love the snow...we are supposed to get snow "flurrys" tonight.