Friday, June 6, 2008

An end to an era...

Yesterday I said goodbye to the school I've loved and taught at for the past seven years.  I'm excited to be a full-time stay at home mommy, but it was hard to leave the friends and families of students I've gotten to know over the years.  Not to mention the kids.  The class from the year I started is now in the 8th grade!!  That's 175 kids and countless memories over the years.  

Here's to my new adventures...and hoping I will return someday to the classroom.  

8 comments:

Lisa said...

awe...how sad to leave all those kids that loved you to death!! You will make many many new memories being a stay at home mom...I love it.

Len and Sue said...

And to think you have been the first exposure to education for some of your kids. What a responsibility!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Steph!! You should be so proud of what you've accomplished and excited for what's to come!!!!

Not that your life hasn't been challenging enough these past few years with 2 kids AND work, but if you ever want to vent with another SAHM you can call me in NC anytime...Since I'm 2 hours ahead, I'll have definitely already lost it! : )

Btw, I love the new blog look and just updated ours.

Leonard and Susan T. said...

What a great teacher you have been to all those kids too, just think how many you taught to read? Wow 7 years went by in a flash it seems like! Mason and Sophia will love having you home with them everyday. I do hope one day you are back in the classroom, you are so talented as a teacher!! Kids need teachers like you! mom

Aimee Molloy said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU. I think you have touched so many of the children you have taught. I am sure they will miss you too. You are going to love staying at home full time. BTW - thank you so for the darling L & S to hang...I will have to figure out a place....

jen&boys said...

Wow... Bitter sweet times. You will love being a stay at home mom. I have to say that I am excited, because now we can play more often!

Christen said...

Wow! What an accomplishment. You are amazing to have juggled so much. Now you get to enjoy your time at home. We'll have no excuse not to get together more often now!

Maria Van Adrighem said...

Steph you are truly missed at West Valley. I miss you a lot. I am excited you get tot stay home with your kids. You are an awesome teacher and mother. Sounds like you have had an awesome summer. Hope your Fall is as fun!